For those of you that wonder why we are so passionate about dog liability insurance and Pit Bulls specifically, we’d love for you to meet our CBO Bernice Einhorn.
Bernice will be 9 years old in November. We’ve had the pleasure of being her parents since she was 6 weeks old. Bernice is extremely loving and playful. We couldn’t imagine our lives without her.
- Chuck-It (running after the tennis ball). She plays fetch 4-6 times a day. Tennis balls are her #1 love!
- Sniffing any physical object (ie flower, bush, light post, person), while on a walk.
- Barking at anyone or anything. Her nickname is Barki Bartokomous (like Balki Bartokomous from Perfect Strangers).
- Conveniently sleeping perpendicular on the bed so no one else has any room.
- Playing with her cat sister (Happy aka “The Dude” – named prior to The Big Lebowski).
- Tugging on her rope toys.
- Chasing the vacuum.
- Sleeping under the covers, running in her sleep and snoring loudly.
More About Bernice
Bernice is a very sensitive girl. She gets sunburnt easily, is allergic to dog food and has had 2 knee surgeries (TPLO and TTA). She’s also a bit clumsy and while playing in the yard 2 years ago, she slipped, hurt her spine and was instantly paralyzed. Fortunately, her back healed and she’s almost 100% better. Needless to say, Bernice (like most Pit Bulls) is a very fragile and dainty creature.
If Bernice could speak English, she’d say: “Chuck-It Anyone?”
Now that you’ve had the pleasure of learning a little bit about Bernice, we’d love to meet your fur kids! Feel free to send us pics at
Submit a Comment
Love this story on your dogs, especially after watching what has been happening to dogs like Lennox and Wicca. Thank you for doing all that you can for animals.
Thank you for sharing your stories about Bernice. What a cutie!… But I never thought of a Pit Bull as fragile and dainty!
Love the personal touch. Look forward to talking to you.