The overwhelming damage caused by California wild fires has caused many insurance companies to reassess which homes and geographic areas they will continue to insure. It is becoming very common for California insurance carriers to drop home policies when a property is located within ½ mile to fire hazard/brush areas. Once your home’s location is identified as a “high exposure risk,” your policy may be canceled…. regardless of how long you’ve been insured with the same company.
When an insurance company decides to cancel a home or fire insurance policy, the mortgage company is notified. The home owner must immediately find another insurance carrier that will insure this “risk”; otherwise the lender will buy insurance on the home. This is called “force placed” insurance. Force placed insurance can be VERY EXPENSIVE and the coverage is often subpar.
At Einhorn Insurance we do our best to insure your home at a reasonable price, while making sure you have adequate coverage.
Einhorn Insurance specializes in:
- California high brush or wildfire area Home or Landlord Insurance.
- California high brush or wildfire area Condo or HO-6 Insurance.
- California high brush or wildfire area Renters insurance.
- Insurance for California’s high net worth or affluent professionals, celebrities, athletes and/or public figures.
- California Umbrella Insurance or Excess Umbrella Insurance.
- All sizes and types of properties from studios to luxury estates.
- Insurance for older homes or historic homes.
- Dog liability insurance for owners of all dog breeds (including dogs with a bite history).
- Short-Term Vacation Rental Insurance
- Short-Term Condo Vacation Rental Insurance
- Vacant Home Insurance.
- Vacant Condo Insurance.
- Second Home Insurance.
- Insurance for people with multiple claims.
- Insurance for escrow closings.
- California business insurance.
- SHIA Home Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Mexico Auto Insurance.