Thousands of home claims are made each year as a result of burglaries. There are many things you can do to avoid becoming a victim of burglary, especially if you are gone from your home for long periods of time.
- Have a neighbor or pet sitter pick up your mail, rotate your blinds and bring in the newspaper daily.
- Set up automatic timers or motion sensors on lights to help make it look like someone is home.
- Make sure your lawn stays green. Dry and uncut grass makes it look like you are gone.
- Close and lock all windows.
- Make sure all door hinges are on the inside.
- If you hide a key, make sure it’s very well hidden. Burglars know the usual key hiding spots.
- Keep your alarm or security system activated and post signs showing you have a security system. If you don’t have an alarm system and live in the San Diego area, we highly recommend calling Jim Sightler with ADT Home Security at 800-699-9238 and mention the promotion code A56105. Tell Jim you found him on the Einhorn Insurance website and he will offer you a special deal and his best rates. Another great benefit of having an alarm system is that you will most likely get a discount on your home insurance.
- If you have a second car, leave it parked in the driveway.
- Don’t leave notes in the open showing instructions while you are gone.
It is important to review your home, condo or renters insurance policy to make sure you have enough coverage in the event you’re robbed or the victim of a burglary. If you own high value or specialty items such as jewelry, silverware, artwork, guns, furs…etc, discuss these items with your insurance agent to confirm they are covered under your home insurance. Most home insurance policies come with some coverage for specialty items, but you personal property may exceed these limits.
Another thing to think about is identity theft which is much more enticing to the modern thief. Identity theft can be much more harmful than someone stealing your “stuff.” At Einhorn Insurance, our home insurance comes with $30,000 of coverage for identity theft to help cover legal and monetary expenses.
Call Einhorn Insurance to receive a complementary policy review for your home, condo or renters insurance. We want to make sure you have enough coverage in the event of a burglary, theft or your identity is stolen.
Call Einhorn Insurance to prevent theft, burglary and identity theft at 858-336-4644 or visit us at https://einhorninsurance.com/california-home-insurance/.