What do you do if you are in a car accident while driving in Mexico?
If you are in an accident while driving in Mexico, you’ll either need to have cash or a Mexico or Mexican Auto Insurance policy AT THE TIME OF THE ACCIDENT. Your current car insurance may provide some coverage while driving in Mexico, but you are usually only covered within 25 miles from the border AND your policy only covers damage to your car, NOT COVERAGE FOR THE OTHER CAR OR INJURIES YOU CAUSE TO OTHERS.
For more details about what you need to do if you are in a car accident while in Mexico, visit https://einhorninsurance.com/mexico-auto-insurance/.
Some helpful tips if you get in a car accident while driving in Mexico:
- Remain Calm and do NOT leave the scene of an accident.
- ALL CLAIMS MUST BE REPORTED THROUGH THE TOLL FREE NUMBER ON YOUR POLICY WHILE IN MEXICO
- If in an accident while in Mexico, call the appropriate Claims phone number below:
- ACE Seguros Claims: 01 800 223 8687 or 01 55 5480 0919
- ABA Seguros Claims: Accident or Theft – 01 800 368 1414 Towing – 01 800 310 7590
- Grupo National Provincial Claims: 01 800 026 5110
- HDI Seguros Claims: 01 800 019 6000
- Have your Certificate/Policy number ready.
- Document the name of the insured and driver of the other vehicles involved in the accident.
- Document the vehicle data: year, make, model type, color and license plate number.
Our Mexican Auto Insurance provides the following coverages:
Vandalism: Covers willful and malicious damage to or destruction of your car.
Third Party Liability: Covers bodily injury and damage you cause to other cars and/or property.
U.S. Labor Rates: Pays a higher labor rate per hour compared to Mexican labor rates when the car is repaired outside of Mexico. This DOES NOT include towing costs of your car to U.S. or Canada.
Medical Payment: Helps pay for medical expenses for you and your passengers.
Uninsured Motorist: Insures yourself if someone hits you and doesn’t carry insurance.
Legal Assistance: Coverage to assist you in the event you need a bail bond or legal assistance following a covered loss.
Medical Evacuation: Transfer by land or air ambulance.
Plane Tickets Home: Coverage for you and travel companions to return home in the event of theft or extensive repair of your car. (Further conditions apply).
In just a few minutes, you can purchase Mexican Auto Insurance at https://einhorninsurance.com/mexico-auto-insurance/.