Home insurance includes coverage if you own a home, condo, townhome, income property or if you are renting
Over the past few years, California has experienced more fires than ever before! With this increased risk, it’s even more important to review your home policy on a yearly basis to make sure one of your biggest assets is properly covered as building costs (labor and materials) can increase each year.
Is your home under insured?
Einhorn Insurance has several types of policies to protect your property/home from fire, water damage, lightening, wind, hail, theft, broken pipes, vandalism, smoke (if sudden and accidental), falling objects, vehicles, riot and aircraft.
Home insurance consists of several main coverages:
- DWELLING provides coverage to rebuild your home. Other Structures coverage consists of structures on your property that are not attached to the main structure (pool, fence, retaining walls, sheds, granny flat, detached garage, etc.)
- LIABILITY covers unintentional damage you do to others, including attorney fees and medical expenses you need to pay to the injured party. Examples of situations where the liability portion of your policy would step in would be:
– A friend comes over, slips and falls and gets hurt.
– You accidentally hurt someone (not while driving your car). For example, you are pushing a cart at a grocery store and knock someone over.
– Your child accidentally hurts another child.
– You are golfing and the club or ball accidentally hits someone.
– You pet accidentally hurts another person or animal*
*Coverage varies from state-to-state and may not cover all dogs.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY provides coverage for your personal belongings. Think of personal property as anything you would pack up and take with you if you moved (clothes, furniture, kitchen items, sporting goods, electronics, rugs, tools, etc.).
** Dog liability coverage may need to be a separate, stand alone policy in some states and for certain situations. May not be available in all states.